The City of Lynchburg’s website had not been upgraded in more than 10 years. While their site contained much of the content needed by Lynchburg residents, finding the content and using it on new devices was proving to be a challenge, and more so as time went by. Lynchburg had to act, even though budget constraints meant that they would have to find a way to achieve their new site under less than ideal budgetary parameters.
Their goals were threefold. First was to successfully provide all site information to citizens using desktops, tablets, and smartphones. The second goal was to empower departments to maintain their own content to keep budgets low. The third goal was to translate the existing brand guidelines for the website to harmonize the site with other printed materials already in use. They achieved all three goals in March 2013 by choosing Blair.
Blair provided the City of Lynchburg with:
- Department interviews
- Citizen focus groups
- A robust, open-source content management system
- Assistance in migrating more than 3,000 pages into the new system
- A fresh new design that works across desktops, tablets, and smartphones
- On-site training sessions
- An extensive user manual
- Marketing, branding, and structural overhaul of website theme
- Tight integration with official social media channels and tools for pagemasters to interact with citizens
Blair achieved all this as well as saving the City of Lynchburg thousands of dollars by providing a system that will allow marketing and IT staff to maintain the site themselves for years to come.
Visit the new site at www.lynchburgva.gov.